fuel gauge only reads 3/4

<<<<<<<<<<<Where is the fuel sending unit at?  When i fill up my tank it
says I only
have a 3/4 of a tank, so I have to do somthing to the sending unit.  and
suggestions?
Thanks,
Kevin Pacheco
71 IMPERIAL>>>>>>>>>

Before repairing or replacing the tank
sending unit, clean and tighten all the connections in the circuit. Any iffy
connections can introduce enough resistance into the circuit to change the
calibration. The most likely connections to be cruddy are the one at the
tank sender or the connector plug(s)
in the wiring to the rear of the car.
regards
Michael