1969 "side markers"

Yep... What lights up at the front of your '69 Imperial are the cornering
lamps, which come on bright white and steady (not flashing) when you
activate the turn signal while the parking lamps or headlamps are on. It
does not function as a side marker lamp (meaning, it does not come on with
the taillamps alone, only when turn signals are added).

The amber reflector is all that serves the (non-electrical) function of a
side marker.

Chris in LA