1967 with 1968 side markers

Boy, would I love to see this and find out how it happened! Keep in mind
that no Chrysler product used these lamps in 1967, so presumably they
weren't yet manufactured at this point. It'd be like finding a
factory-installed CD player in my '78 New Yorker Brougham. Did they reach
into a parts bin from the future? Or were these a test set used for some
sort of research?

Or did someone just drill convincing holes and use the harnesses from a '68
to hook them up. Keep in mind that a '67's front parking lamps don't
(normally) stay on with the headlamps, so the front side-marker lamps would
have to be wired either to the headlamp switch or the taillamps. I wonder if
the front parking lamps illuminate with the headlamps on this car, too?

Just as a side note, I'm pretty sure that all Mopars used the same round
lenses for the side markers in '68, but Chrysler Division and Imperial
models put them inside squared-off trim bezels. Anyone with a '68 want to
corroborate or correct this?

(And am I the only one who's always been puzzled by the backwards step to
non-lighted reflectors for the 1969 model year? This has bugged me since Mom
brought home her new Dart Swinger in 1969.)

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon