67 and 68 headrests

Mark -

How interesting!  These headrests seemed to cause our friends at
Chrysler all sorts of problems.  My car came with just the driver's side
headrest installed but the window sticker clearly shows that it was
supposed to be equipped with two headrests.

It's curious that your car would have one of each.  I guess someone
could have replaced one at some time, but I would suspect that this was
another anomaly from the Imperial factory.

If you ever can, park yours next to a 67 and really examine them.
 You'll be amazed at the slight (and costly to Chrysler) differences.  I
parked my original 61 convertible next to a pretty original 62 and
couldn't believe the changes Chrysler had made.  Most of them were so
minor that there couldn't have been any incentive for a 61 owner to buy
a 62 (with the obvious exception of the outside styling changes).  Most
of the changes were very minor interior trim related.

What fascinating cars we drive!

Ken