wider whitewall tires

In my quest to find a reasonably priced tire with a wider whitewall I
ultimately chose the Yokohama Dimension IV based on the words of several
members of this group, price, and looks.  On Sunday I noticed a new set of
tires on a car parked in front of the local auto parts store that also had a
noticeably wider whitewall.  The brand was Champiro GT and since I had never
heard of the brand before, I found the owner of the vehicle and asked about
them.  He said that they seemed to be pretty good as far as ride and
handling and he paid about $250 for the set with balancing.  I called the
dealer and he quoted me about $280 for a set of 235 75 R15's which I believe
would be a close match for most Imperials and other large cars.  The
whitewall is about 1.25" wide which seems to be about about twice as wide as
most whitewalls these days.
My question to the list is if anyone else has heard of these tires and if
there are any comments.  I found at least one website for the tire company
which was bilingual and showed several of their other models that had even
more Spanish sounding names than Champiro so I suppose they may be imports.
Comments?

Dave Knight