Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 8:21 PM
Subject: IML: 727 torqueflite dipstick and tube

Hello List,

As luck would have it, the dipstick and tube to the 727 transmission in my '65 Crown convt. has been "misplaced" by either the machine shop who rebuilt the engine, the transmission shop who did the transmission rebuild for the machine shop, or the automotive repair shop who pullled the engine and transmission for the machine shop.  No one is willing to accept the blame and, you guessed it, has no clue where the darn things are.  I have given up getting any relief from any of the above.  Time to move on.

I located one locally by way of a referral from another transmission rebuild shop.  The guy who has it claims it came from a 727 torqueflite in a "Chrysler automobile".  He got it from a wrecking yard but doesn't know the year or model.  He insists the tube and dipstick are universal.  Is this true????  He only paid $10 for both so I doubt he is going to charge too much for his time to go to the yard to get them.  I just don't want to buy something that is not correct for my car.  Is a Chrysler tube with the stick the same size/shape/length as the one for the Imperial?  All local transmission shops I've contacted do not have these items and say they are difficult to find.  HELP!  The restoshop owner says he needs these parts soon.  Thanks in advance to whomever can answer my questions.

Greg
'65 Crown convt. (in need of a tranny tube and dipstick)