64' Crown Restoration in full swing

Fellow Imperial enthusiasts,

After 13 plus years under a two car covers, in a shed, on a farm here in
Nebraska, my grandfathers 64' Crown is again serviceable and roadworthy.
Title has passed through my grandmother and an uncle to find me breathless
with anticipation at a restoration process now in full swing. With new brakes
and tires, wheel bearings greased, suspension components lubed, rear-end
re-oiled, exhaust system components replaced and reworked to the muffler, I
am beginning to reacquaint myself with the low rolling hills where I had been
but a passenger 15 short years ago.  Wow, what a trip!

My daily driver for all of these last 13 years is a 66' Newport - engine
rebuilt nearly three years ago at 140k miles - excepting the snowy months,
where a non-Mopar ride corrodes under an ever watchful eye.  The ride
comparisons are familar to many of you, so I'll keep these comments short and
to the point.  I've confirmed that this Crown's bushings are still supple to
the touch, as are the windshield gaskets - hubba, hubba.  Any body integrity
roughness stems from the vehicle's history on the farm driving the local
country roads.  Rust is of the surface variety, so I'm dealing with the
heartache, again wow! The good news is that the machine is complete.  As I
discover the material needs of rotating and translating iron, steel, and
aluminum I'll certainly communicate with all of you as to needs and
discoveries.  I sense a pilgrimage to St Edward, Nebraska is a must, among
other places.

As I sign off for one evening: this may not be aerospace engineering, but it
sure comes close!

John
64' Crown "Imp"