Using a Dodge 1/2 ton truck rear end in a 67 Imperial. Is This Po ssible

Using a Dodge 1/2 ton truck rear end in a 67 Imperial. Is This Po ssible?

I don't have the width handy, but I have to ask, why? I assume you are
talking about a Dana 44 style differential, where the axles are removed by
dropping the back cover and removing the clips? The 8 3/4 rear axle has
proven tough in plenty of muscle car usage, and only if you get going
quicker than 13 seconds in the quarter mile or apply more than 400
horsepower will durability be an issue. And to be honest, if you plan lots
of tire burning, clutch dumping action, you may want to find a lighter Mopar
than your Imperial to begin with. Heavy cars break drivelines pieces when
you attempt to launch them with large horsepower.  I admit, a 4 speed
Imperial would tempt me too, but more so to use it for gearing down going
into corners and climbing hills than for any racing action.
Also, there are plenty of vendors who rebuild and sell 8 3/4 center sections
if you wish to change gear ratios or add a sure grip. It's just much harder
to change differentials on axles that the center section isn't not
removeable, and unless you go with a Dana 60 or a Ford 9 inch, there's not
too many rear axles tougher than an 8 3/4 Mopar. Plenty of parts available
too.
Phil <><