Hood ornament

Hood ornaments were an extra cost option on the 57-59 Imperials. I personally
do not like it (even if I could find one) because it breaks up the clean
lines of the hood. The 57 LeBaron that I saw locally had its hood ornament
anodized in gold as well as its hood bird. I don't know if this was a feature
of these cars or if a previous owner had the parts done that way. The gold
anodizing did look very old. To this day I have only see a couple of hood
ornaments come up on e-bay. If you want to add one to your car, the search
might be long, but not impossible. Good luck.

        Doug
        58 Crown coupe