More on Convertible conversion

Tristan,
I do know on '63 models, only the convertible had the X-member. Not sure on
'64.

I've got a '68 Polara 500 Convertible and a '63 Crown Convertible. Which
pictures do you want? Send me a list of photos you want off list and I'll
see what I can take for you.

In the meantime, here's a link to the convertible section of the '63 Factory
Service Manual:
    http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1963/63FSM/Group23/Page48.htm

It's got some good pictures of the mechanism including the top cylinder
mounting and adjustments. I used it to find out that the previous owner of
my convertible reversed the secondary lifting arms (the chrome ones attached
from the pump to the second frame section). Most likely the reason why the
driver-side #2 frame section was broken when I got the car.

You probably already know this. But, it is INCREDIBLY HARD to find C-Body
and TY-Body convertible parts and pieces. Thanks to Lowell Howe, I was able
to get the frame piece. Indeed, I'm still looking for some small chrome
clips for the outside of the car. I concur with the rest of the group. I'd
find a 'vert and restore it using a 2-door donor (as much as I hate seeing
2-doors go to waste either!).

On the transport issue, I worked with previous owner of mine and transported
it on a one-way ented dolly for $500. That was from Montana to Texas. Just
an idea.

Mark Evans
1963 Imperial Crown Convertible
http://www.io.com/~maevans/MyImperial/index.html