Imperials in Demo Derby on TV

Mark;
 We are saving at least some of them. I found an ad, by a derby boy, in the
ad pages and the Webmonsters quickly took it out of there. The bright side
is that in most instances restorers are giving them tough competition for
the same cars that they seek. Also, because of this, they aren't going to
find too many people willing to sell them a rust free car for a song
anymore. I have found that most people that own an old car usually
appreciate them and would like to see them restored even if it is beyond
their ability to do so. Usually when I go to look at a car the person
selling it asks me what my plans would be for it if I bought it.
 So I figure the way to save these cars is continue doing what we have been
doing, appear at shows, keep our eyes peeled for these cars, and clue in
people who might be interested in saving them. My biggest concern is not
with these cars getting trashed by derbiers but by hot rodders who see
Imperials as nothing but a source for power plants. Hot rodders tend to have
deeper pockets and, despite the fact that they the cars don't get smashed,
they are still destroyed out of an ignorance and a lack of respect for the
breed. All that we can do is try to win people over the way we have so far.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Taillight bezel and other trim parts.