Re:Idler arm/was 1973 and me this last weekend

Re:Idler arm/was 1973 and me this last weekend

Title:
Hi, if anyone else is having trouble finding these, we have new 1969-1973 Imperial/ 1965-1973 Chrysler idler arms for $95.  We also carry the bushings for $45.  The bushing is easily replaced and will renew idler arms that have a good ball stud but bad rubber bushing.
Jim

Chris Boekhout wrote:
Kenyon, Having gone through the Fuselage  idler arm search myself, here's
what I found out, keep in mind this took place well over a year ago:

 The Chrysler part number is 2835853 -Mitchell's has them, but when I called
him back  to place the order, (less than 24 hours after I called the first
time to check on the price) he informed me that the price had gone up $30
since the day before "Been getting alot of calls for these lately" was his
answer - $279 plus shipping was his price that day, at this rate by now the
price may be well into the millions.

 As you stated you can have yours rebuilt, there is only one place that
rebuilds these, no matter where you take it, they all send them here:
http://rareparts.com/  My local Napa store quoted me $200, others wanted
$235 and up, the napa guys told me anything over $200 is mark-up put on the
part by the place that sends it out for you, shop around. The only
difference is how bad the guy behind the counter is going to stick it to
you.

 I wound up getting a good used one off of a parts car.

Chris 72 Lebaron

CollectorsAutoSupply

Jim Carpenter

600 On-line Catalogs!