92 ATC problem

Here we go now. Glad to have everyone back

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Hopkins [mailto:mhoppy@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 2:47 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 92 ATC problem

My 92 automatic temperature control is not functioning as my wife thinks it
should. I have run the onboard diagnostics that FSM illustrates, but no
fault codes appear. It says everything is OK.

The problem is in weather where it is sunny outsite but cool or cold, the
system will really put out cold air. I thought the sun sensor might be
telling the system it is hot out, but the diagonostics say the sensor is ok.
The system can put out really hot or cold air manually but sometimes it
really puts the cold air out, in auto mode, when warm or hot should be
required. Any thoughts on what to check? Somtimes it can be a bit nippy, I
will have to agree with my "lovely allow me to have 3 and maybe 4 Imperials"
wife.

Matt Hopkins
66 Crown front and rear air
75 Lebaron Auto temp II
92 Imperial Automatic Temperature Control