Any Washington State Imperial Owners?

dear members:

i own a '62 crown southampton that was previously titled in washington
state.  i'm trying to trace the title history, but the washington state
department of motor vehicles is surprisingly unwilling to let me obtain a
complete title history of my own vehicle.

in addition to that dilemma, apparently washington state only has title
information back to 1992 or so.  i got the idea that they don't even keep
records beyond that on microfiche or computer.

has anyone ever traced a title history of a car in washington state?  if so,
please feel free to contact me outside of the group to provide helpful hints
on finding out the history of my imperial.

how am i ever going to know if orson welles or peter sellers owned my '62
before it came to me without this information?

best to all in the new year!

warm regards,

max

1962 crown imperial southampton