From: Matt Hopkins
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 11:54 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: Exhaust system and resonators

I don't have experience with the mufflers you mention below, but I can tell you my experience.  My 75 had a resonator and when I had the system replaced, I opted for just a muffler due to financial constraints in those college years ( I've had it 17 years now). When I replace the system this spring I will put a resonator back on as luxury car should be whisper quiet and it certainly is not.  My 66 came with duals non factory and no resonators. It also is noisier than I would like but quieter than the 75.  When it comes time to replace the 66 mufflers I will add resonators if they will fit.  ON a lighter note,  my 92 would have to go without a muffler to make a peep.