Imperial Pleasures

It was 50 degrees with no rain in Portland yesterday, so I decided to
exercise the Imperials (my poor 67 has been sitting nearly 6 months!).  I
also got out the 64 New Yorker Salon.  All three cars started right up and
after the flat spots on the 67's tires rounded out, ran smoothly and
perfectly.

Now, my son Tom just turned 17 and has his "learner's permit" which means
he can drive if I am sitting next to him.  I decided it was time for him to
experience the pleasures of Imperial driving.  So far, he has only driven
his mom's Honda Civic and my 1998 Town and Country minivan.

His driving report, from his somewhat inexperienced perspective, is that
the Imperials are quite superior to the Chrysler (no surprise there).
 Also, he preferred the 67 over the 61 (again, no surprise to those of us
who have both) even though the 61 has just 57,000 miles compared to the
67's 150,000.

His comment was "Dad, you gotta sell me one of these cars!".  This from a
kid who has been lusting for the tricked-out Hondas and pickups his friends
have.  There's hope for the younger generation!

Ken Miller
61 and 67 Converts - no new scratches and dents (whew!)