426 Hemi in an Imperial

Hello All,
I do not want to wander from the the stated purpose of the site. But, one must remember that as originally produced the 426 Hemi was a thinly disguised racing engine. The "Street Hemi" was a barely streetable variant. Fast as they were -- they required a tremendous amount of care. That was one of the reasons that the 440 Magnum was introduced. It was actually faster than the Hemi to 70mph or so(depending on gearing) and required nowhere near the maintenence. Since the typical Imperial buyer was in their 40's  - why would they want a tempermental racing engine? This sounds to me like someones fantasy.
Speaking of such -- imagine an Imperial with a 440 Magnum engine, heavy duty suspension, heavy duty cooling and an all leather bucket seat interior. That would be a truely unique high speed traveler. Of course, this would have been easier to do than the aforementioned Hemi.
One final point  -- in a Motor Trend from 1971 there was an article about the state of Texas. The author described a Texas "sports car" as a 4 door Imperial with a heavy duty suspension and radial tires!!!!!!

                                                             Allan From Billings, Montana