From: <roadhogg@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 25, 2002 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Auto Temp II

> Mark.  This is my understanding of how the system works.
>
> In the Auto positions, the system will not start until the engine coolant
reaches about 120F.  There is a temp sensor built into the water control
valve that is located in the heater hose under the hood, near the firewall
and the right side of the car.  There are three vacuum lines going to this
valve.  You can see a picture of it here.
> http://www.nybclub.org/m&r/AutoTempDemoModel/image9.htm
> This temperature activated vacuum switch turns on the master switch that
is located on the top of the airbox under the dash.
> http://www.nybclub.org/m&r/AutoTempDemoModel/image6.htm
> It is the turquoise one on the left in the pic.
> If I were to troubleshoot this issue, I would start by bypassing the
vacuum switch under the hood to see if it is faulty.  I understand these are
available new.  Then, check the master switch under the dash pad.  Once you
confirm that these are ok, it is still doesnt work, please let me know, I
might be able to help further.