Re: Re: IML: Now I'm smoking too!

>I guess I have my work cut out for me when I return
>from my Christmas get away.
>Bill '59 Crown

Bill:
   You have a heater core and a temperature control valve there.  Either of
them could be leaking so make sure it is really the heater core before you go
to the expense of replacing it.

               Steve B.
Hi Dick,
Thanks for your reply. I do have a factory service manual I got on eBay. I will look it up. I didn't have a lot of time today, but I wanted to cap off the water lines. When I went to remove the hoses, one was very stubborn coming off one of the connectors at the front of the engine, and I tore open a short piece of hose under the connector. I figured this was an omen that I should finally replace all the coolant hoses, since I have a myriad of hoses and connectors going to that worthless water filter that I've been wanting to bypass, and remove. I went to the auto parts store where employees tempers were all overheated due to the unexpected rush of shoppers in there so close to Christmas. I bough a couple of caps, and six feet of hose, and new clamps, and a jug of coolant. I guess I have my work cut out for me when I return from my Christmas get away.
Bill '59 Crown