Dealer support/foreign ownership

I wouldn't rush to that conclusion! Not only are the folks running the
Chrysler Group pretty aware of its heritage, but the folks who bought the
place offer the most extensive support of their German-born classics of any
automaker, bar none.

Both in Stuttgart and in the US, MB's "Classic Center" supports their
classics with technical documentation, technical support and even a
remarkable inventory of parts. You could even get a taillamp lens for a
Mercedes from the same year your Imperial was built. In Germany and soon in
the US, the Classic Center also offers full restoration services. Imagine
getting a car restored by its manufacturer!

Our best hope is that DCX extends this level of support to the Chrysler
Group cars, and every time we (1.) patronize our local dealer for the items
that are still available new or NOS, (2.) join Friends of Chrysler Heritage
(the Walter P Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills, MI) and let our enthusiasm be
officially known, and (3.) keep a positive approach towards DaimlerChrysler,
it's gotta help the cause.

As for taillamp lenses, I don't know of any US-brand new-car dealer you can
go to to get something like this, even from a wholly American-owned
automaker, unless it's for a Mustang or something commonly reproduced and
the dealer happens to have a working arrangement with an aftermarket
supplier.

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon