The Golden Age of Imperial Ownership?

I could agree more Bill. Plastic may not rust, but it certainly cracks under
the heat of the Florida sun. I've seen cars no more that maybe five years old
with faded paint and crumbling bumpers. Try to restore that. I want to see
the sun crack Priscilla's big chrome bumpers. Won't happen. Now I am not a
hate monger for new cars. If I was, I wouldn't have purchased a 2002 Ford a
few months ago. The car runs great and is very comfortable, but I know that I
shouldn't get attached to it. Because of its modern construction it won't
last more that maybe five or six years. When my 58 Imperial is fully
restored, I can probably drive it till I die. Most of these advancements that
folks are talking about are simple gimmicks. In 1958 the Imperial had power
steering, power brakes, air conditioning, power windows, six-way power seat,
and even a power antenna. What else do you need? Certainly not a navigation
system, a DVD player, a Playstation, an and air conditioned glove
compartment. These are simply gimmicks for one manufacturer to outdo another.
If you really think that you need these things, you should have your head
examined.
                 One of my goals when I get Priscilla restored is to drive
Route 66. I want to feel the experience of a true driving adventure. I don't
want to be sterilized by a cumbersome modern car and all its rhetorical
gadgetry. That's my two cents. Bye for now.

       Doug
       58 Crown coupe