The Golden Age of Imperial Ownership?

Quoting "Crown58imp@xxxxxxx" <Crown58imp@xxxxxxx>:

> I don't know if I should take offence of an Imperial being compared to a
>
> Lexus. Imperials were made in the age of true luxury cars. The
> construction,
> strength, and power put into Imperials is something a Lexus can only
> dream
> of. >
>          58 Crown coupe

Many modern luxury cars are doing well in terms of power.  Many have 300 hp
(net) or more.  Even a late 60's 440 Imperial with its stock single exhaust and
restrictive air cleaner will be below 300 hp net.  A 50's Imperial even lower.
I don't like many of these modern luxo cars either.  Too much plastic and low
quality structure, no artistic design, and not meant to last, we agree on
that.  Too much money for the car, absolutely.  But some of these modern luxury
cars do very well in terms of refined power, performance, handling, etc.  And
while still new, they can be very reliable.  The design criteria are now
completely different than back then, and I do not entirely agree with them.
But, we have to admit, there has been progress in some areas.
D^2