Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 1:29 PM
Subject: IML: torqefilte and other

I missed any responses to kevin's transmission question on dec 17.  my 71 trans is headed  down hill faster than the car can go. (metaphorically speaking).  I seems everytime an autotrans is worked on it is $1000 or more.  I feel like it is a rule that all trans repairs have this minimum fee.  I understand the work and time just to remove and install is unescapable.  my personal experience is from 3 other chryslers but the gold brick (71 4dr gold color) is probably next.  I will admit i am afraid to venture in where little elves quietly shift the gears and make the machine move.  I am almost set with all the tools to start doing this myself but does anyone out there have personal experience with this stuff?  can i get a good rebuild book and learn how to do this mystical repair myself?  I have had good and bad repair shop experience in the past that is why i learned to work on my cars in the first place.  In my opinion, the shop did something wrong on Kevin's trans since it broke 2 months after the warranty expired instead of the next day. (joke,  you have all been there).
Imperially yours, David Norris,  71 4dr "the gold brick" eastland texas