alt upgrade

I have found a lot of mopar people don't like anything to do with GM because the chev people seem to be arrogant and cut down everything that is not a chev, I have only seen this a couple times but have also seen it among Mopar people.  All I know is some of my friends would rather put a screw driver through their eye then have anything to do with chevy stuff.  This could be the reason and there are times I go along with them to the point of sticking a screw driver in my eye.  Have a great day
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 12:26 AM
Subject: IML: alt upgrade

HI,
     I guess I really hit a raw nerve with some people with the delco alt.stuff, that was not my intention. I thought this was supposed to be an inclusive group, I've seen threads on Packard's, desotos, newyorker stationwagons, even using ford floats on mopar sending units, no one suggested these things were "off topic"   I Never claimed to have restored any of my imperials. I could repair that original alt as many times as I liked, and yes it would get the job done, but it could never perform like the newer dodge one or the delco. I drive these cars everyday, and I drive them cross country when I can,  to me they are not toys, or antiques, they were built to be driven, and at that they are beautiful and exceptional. My wife and I have a house that was built at around the turn of the century, we have taken pains and expense in refurbishing it  to look "old" and maintain its original look, at the same time we replaced the old plumbing w/modern, knob and tube wiring w/modern as well as insulating and modern paint and finishes for convenience, maintainability and safety. same for my car; radial tires, electronic voltage regulator, electronic ignition, modern silicone ignition wires, modern oils, brighter headlights, supra rotors(my rotors are fine now, but will wear out at some point) maybe a delco alt. and maybe fuel injection next summer.None of these things are original technology for the car, but many of them are popular on these cars, I guess it depends on where you want to draw the line .To look at my car parked , you would think it was bone stock. And BTW two different guys that rebuild alternators for a living, both told me delco 10 and 12 si alternators are the most rugged, put out the most current at low rpm and are the most widely available and cheapest that you can get, bar none. they are pretty sharp guys, I'm taking their word for it. HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Mike Becker    67 crown 4dr    67 crown convert    67 imperial   77 PW    72 RR