gm alternator

Hi Folks,

I certainly don't mean to stir up a flap, but I'm a
little baffled.  I've changed quite a few Imperial
alternators over the years, and I have to say that
it's one of the easiest jobs around -- even in a
parking lot in a pouring December rain!

So, my question is, why are so many people interested
in "modifying" their alternator set-up?  A correct,
original Chrysler alternator will function perfectly,
assuming that the rest of your charging system
(battery, cables, voltage regulator) are in good
shape.  And it's so EASY to hang on a replacement
alternator.

Why go to lots of trouble and effort to "upgrage" to a
GM alternator (???) when the original works GREAT and
hangs on with two bolts?

Elijah
--- Mike and Cindy <mbecker30@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the delcotron 10si and 12si
> alternators are probably the best available. I would
> love to put those on my mopars, How did you mount
> them ? , did you modify them or the Chrysler
> brackets, or did you fabricate some. How about
> pulley size and alignment ? That would be a really
> good upgrade. I eagerly await your response,
> thanks,best regards, Mike Becker

=====
-- "My samoyed is smarter than your honor student."