60 roof inserts

Happy Holidays everyone

  Has anyone ever attempted to reproduce the roof inserts that were an
option on the 59 and 60 Imperials.?
  It just so happens that the machine shop I work for has a fair selection
of 303 and 304 stainless flat stock.
   It wouldn't be too hard to make a template and glue a couple of pieces to
the roof. (I think).
   I have never actually seen the inserts in person on an Imperial, what
type of finish do they have?.
    I did some searching on the web site for a good close up photo   but
couldn't find any.
    Any thoughts ,comments ,or suggestions would be appreciated .
                               Thanks
                               Clay Smith
                              67 Crown Coupe
                              60 Custom