(being a member of the AWA...). Problem with repair
will come in parts cost (cheaper to get a working set
most often...).

#1 problem is a bad tube(s). Price will vary between
$5-70 depending on the tube.
#2 problem is a bad vibrator. These can sometimes be
repaired, but can cost up to $35 as far as
replacements go.

>From there you get into bad caps, resistors, etc...
which is where the headache begains.

One other idea may be to hit the south western junk
yards with older cars. Sure someone may have a working
one still in a car....

Or you could always just get a AM/FM set. They can go
cheap.. seen one for $20 in JC Whitney....

Could always get a cheap one and try to make it look
like an older one by painting or making a new front
and knobs for it.

For a power antenna... besides scrap yards, JC Whitney
carries a couple differnt ones.

And to improve reception, there are antenna amps,
capasitor filters, etc.
--- ChiPieAlandPaula@xxxxxxx wrote:
>       Is their anyone in the club that can direct me
> to a contact for AM
> radios? I know this might seem somewhat odd  --  but
> my town has an excellent
> AM radio station. It plays soft rock, standards and
> jazz. The mix is totally
> appropriate for my 64 Imperial. I am also interested
> in obtaining a power
> antenna.  Lastly -- a schematic of the factory
> reverberator. Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.
>

>         Allan From Montana

Yahoo! - We Remember