Need a replacment carb!!

Is this a thermoquad?  Sometimes the new carburetor requires tuning (usually
just jets) to match it right to the engine.  Mike P. for example bought a
Carter that would supposedly work for his 440, but it did not work right the
first time, and he ended up rebuilding the old (junky?) Holley.  This is one of
the reasons I sticked with my (junky?) Rochester, when it was time to either
rebuild it or get a new carb.

The 68 owners report by the way is stating that even as early as April 68,
quite a few people had carburetor problems already.  Is this an indication that
the Holleys were indeed junky?
D^2