David R.Christensen, RIP

Subject: Re: IML: Info on Gimpineer

> So, we learn from reading this that his name was David R.Christensen, and
> that he bought a 1938 Custom Imperial in 1953, and that in 1957, he was
> living in Arlington VA.   If he distinguished himself in the Army the way
he
> did while in our midst, I think he may be in Arlington VA from now on,
also!

> Thanks to Jeff, and to Hugh for finding the Motor Trend letter.
>
> Dick Benjamin

Hi, Dick, Jeff, et al.

It took me a moment to figure put what Dick was referring to.  Then I
remembered I found a letter in an old 1958 magazine written by the estimable
Mr Christensen, decrying the quality of "modern" cars being put out in
comparison with the good old days of 1938.  I posted this to the list some
time ago.  Good old Dick obviously has an astonishing memory.

I will be delighted to re-post the letter but will have to do it later.  I
am re-starting my 1958 brake project this evening.  Evidently David was a
little more on the money than I cared to admit back the first time I posted
his letter.

It was delightful to get a response from the original author via this list.
Let's face it.  1958 was not yesterday or even the day before that.  The
good gentleman was obviously a lifetime MOPAR / Imperial nut.  I hope
everyone on the list is so lucky.

Hugh