Re:IML: De-natured alcholo into gas??

Hi All,
   Interesting that this topic pop up right now since I am battling my 4th tank
this summer of gas that is so cruddy that I have to have one foot on the brake
and one on the gas when driving in stop and go. I don't know if anyone else
here in the Seattle area, or elsewhere for that matter, is having lots of
problems, but I only seem to have it at the super unleaded  pumps, which is the
only gas I run through the Imp. First time was at Costco, 2nd at a Chevron, 3rd
at a Shell, and this last at a different Chevron. When it occurs, the gas
mileage drops to about 5mpg also. I throw a new fuel filter in, 2 or 3 bottles
of Heet, and top off at a known good station. In my case, and I know some of
you other west coastees might be amazed, but Arco is the only gas I feel safe
with. Never a problem. When I get this bad gas, after about the 3rd
fillup(which includes a couple of bottles of Heet each tank) It finally gets
back to normal. If you are having this problem do you have a quicker !
fix?
Thanks,
Dave
67 Haze Green Std Sedan