Give Me A Brake!

"----- Original Message -----
From: "Hugh & Therese" <hugtrees@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Give Me A Brake!>
> If you made it this far, you must be as crazy as me!
>
> Hugh"

OH yeah, I can relate to the insanity! I was luckier with my 68 coupe. I had
just went thru the cooling system, new thermostat, hoses and a good
flushing. when I took the car away from the house and back to the garage to
do the valve cover job when the left front brake line blew! Luckily it was
at low speed, and 68's have a dual brake line system, so no harm, no foul.
I'm replacing ALL rubber brake lines before it goes on the road again.
      I think it's a real good idea to modernize the brake system, if you're
going to use a vintage vehicle for every day transportation then the braking
system should be updated to deal with current traffic conditions.  If
originality is a concern, tow it!
I think updates for safety that are out of eye sight, are perfectly
acceptable compared to dented sheet metal. Real sorry to hear you bent your
baby!
Phil <><