6 volt systems

Len: The typical problem here is that your headlights and dashlights, other
lights, etc will burn out quicker. But people (yourself) do this, with some
success. The starter can take it if you don't grind for too long a time.
Have you had any premature lightbulb burnout problems?

By the way, if you find a second set of really good grille pieces for your
'53, let me know! I have a '53 Custom 4 door.

What color is your Newport? Currell