Please Welcome Richard Whitfield

New Subscriber(s): Richard Whitfield
Email Address is: richardwhitfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Northern California Bay Area

Car(s) owned: 1966 Crown Coupe(White with black leather upholstery), black
vinyl top.

Self-Introduction: I've had "Margaret" (named by friends after Margaret
Thatcher--big and bougois) since 1984, trading a catering job for the car.
It's been non-operable for six years, but I'm expecting it back any day from
the mechanics/engine rebuilders. They're also fixing the power windows,the
air, dash lights, heater. New tires, carburator, brakes. She will be pretty
cherry, but these projects ahead: re-chrome the back fender, small ding at
back with broken signal lense (that's all the damage she got when a Mustang
rear-ended her--totaled the Pony. New paintjob (originally metalic pink,
which I don't appreciate). Need a new hood ornament/emblem and a strip of
top fender chrome. New shocks so she doesn't sway as much.
The car is a real head-turner and I get a giant kick out of driving her and
will be able to enjoy her a lot more now that she's in excellent shape.
I've always loved old cars and I remember this model from my teens and
actually got my license the same year as this car. I'm not mechanical but
can detail like a pro.
I'd like to gather Imperial lore and also be able to find the parts I need.
Thanks, Richard