Use of "Imperial" name(plate)

Greetings:

It may be of some use to know & understand that many years ago -- as during
the teens, twenties and thirties -- the use of the nameplate (or model or
series name or moniker) of "Imperial" was used by MANY manufacturers to
designate their top line of automobile.  Thus, there were the cadillac
imperials, as well as a chevy imperial, and quite a few of the now defunct
companies used the name of imperial also.
[Just a side note here, but if anyone ever wants to make some easy money:
Question is, "How many 'makes' or marques of automobile were registered in
the USA in the last, say, 120 years?  (This would include more than a few
where only a couple were built before the demise of the company.) Answer:
more than FIVE THOUSAND - yes, over 5,000 - marques/makes!  I have access to
the book wherein ALL are listed.
Therein, we can find literally hundreds of cars (makes/marques) with the
model name of "IMPERIAL."
So, whether we want to /or not call it the 'Imperial' or the 'Chrysler
Imperial,' is a moot point.  For over 25 years, it was marketed as the
Chrysler Imperial before being made a seperate division in early/mid 1954
(for the 1955 model year) and ending in 1975.  One can debate if the 1981-83
models are Chrysler Imperials or actual Imperials -- even Chrysler
authorities 'show' proof either way - depending on your side of the debate.
Whatever, we have rather unique automobiles, and should be proud of the
heritage & design, and that we are their proud(read, 'certifiably crazy car
nuts') owners and caretakers.

When one starts in on the number of any particular year, model, series of
our beloved Imperial that are still in existence, there are many variables
to consider.  Such as: number originally produced, how many are still
registered, those in museums (or private collections that are not generally
driven nor shown), how many are sitting in the fields at Murray Parks'
(Findlay, OH area) as well as at other 'parts suppliers,' how many
demolished in accidents and crushed out, how many derbied (in the past and
now gone or are presently being derbied, and, how many are so far gone
(beyond any reasonable repair) as to be useable only for some desperately
needed parts (but still are not in too good a shape but for temporary use
till a better part is found?).  Would Murray Parks or any other 'junk yard'
even consider answering our request for information on "their supply/hord"
of Imperials??

A comment made earlier was the disputed number of 90% survival rate after 30
years!  One had better define the word 'survival' first.  That might be
translated as to 'condition,' as per the OLD CAR PRICE GUIDE.  They list as
number one (top condition w/definition) down to a number six (maybe a parts
donnor, not worth restoration), or something to that effect.  Personally, I
doubt that even one tenth of one percent of the 1964 Crown Coupes made would
be a #1, one half percent a #2, that maybe 2% are #3, and possibly 4% are
#4, and another 6% are #5 & #6. Now, apply that to the 5,233 built and we
could have 5 @ #1, 26 @ #2, 105 @ #3, 209 @ $4, and 314 @ #5/#6, for a total
of 659 Coupes for 1964. This number is about 26% higher than the bandied
number of the 90% survival rate [659 vs 523].  Yet, I am sure that I can
live with these estimates.  Now, all of you other 1964 Crown Coupe owners
determine just which category your beloved beast fits into.  NO FIGHTING,
EITHER! And now, we rejoin my son in polishing "Baby" for her appearance in
the A-C-D Labor Day Parade, Show, and festivities at the Museum.  Later, ne