gas gauge reading

Hi all -

My 68's gas gauge does the same thing ... no matter
how much gas goes in it never reads more than a hair
above 3/4.  And if I drive it to where the check
gauges light stays lit, like Mike's only 18-19 gallons
will go in to what should be a 25 gallon tank.  Unlike
Mike's 67 mine does read empty.

Now at an MPG of 8/13 city/hwy that's only 48-91 miles
to go when it reads empty.  Not far.

Ciao, Mike