how many are left? Who Knows?

Some time ago, Hugh Hemphill attempted to start up a
registry for our cars here on the site via the IML.  I
don't remember the details, but some questions were:

Do you register your driver?
Your project?
Your stripped parts car chassis?
That one in the museum?
The one in the guy's yard down the street who doesn't have
a computer?
What about the 150 at Lowell Howe's place that will never
drive again?
Etc. Etc.

So many variables and no guarantee of consistent
maintenance of the database that it is just not practical.
This will become easier in 30 years, maybe, but I think not
so now unless you talk about Imperials with cowls and
running boards.

If you own an Imperial you posess a rare car, period.

I have yet to see another 1973 or '60 on the road more than
once each, and boy do I look.  That one alone makes me feel
good.  I had a guy chase me in my 1960 for 10 blocks to
tell me that he had one too and that he never sees anyone
else around in them.

I think that the "1 in 10 survives" deal is good enough for
me, and I normally use it personally, even if there might
be more in yards and barns (Who Knows??).

I'd bet that there are fewer than 100 (of 999) 1960 LeBaron
HT's out there that will move under their own power or have
a hope of doing so again.  Even fewer of the 600 or so
pillared sedans made that year.

Now's the time to scoop up a fuselage or Frank Sinatra car
good and cheap.  I bet that they're going to be tougher to
get in 10 years, following the "reduction of registered
quantity over time" theory stated earlier, although they're
common by eBay standards today.

That's what is so surprising about this List's cohesive and
helpful nature.  So relatively few cars but so many
talented people willing to share.

Good company, all (even the Haze Green 67-68 owners)!

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious