how many are left

R.L. Polk is the great collector of registration figures in Canada and the
U.S.  At one time "Automotive Industries" printed registration figures,
supplied by R.L. Polk, for new car, total registrations and by year.
"Ward's Automotive Yearbook" also published registration figures, although
not as detailed.

The March 15, 1967 issue had registrations by make, broken down by year
(1967 back to 1953, plus 'earlier') and state.

For example, at the end of December, 1966, the number of Imperials
registered in the U.S. were (with new car registrations in parentheses) :

1966 - 14,609
1965 - 16,814 (17,214)
1964 - 21,942 (21,157}
1963 - 13,215 {15,266}
1962 - 13,130 {13,558}
1961 - 11,949 {11,747}
1960 - 15,083 {16,360)
1959 - 14,151 (18.484)
1958 - 10.039 (14,810)
earlier - 160   (most Imperials prior to 1958 were registered as Chryslers)

Interesting that in 1966 there were more 1964 Imperials registered than when
new in 1964!

I also have the March 15, 1970, issue, but the detailed lists were no longer
printed.  Instead, it only has total new car registrations by state, showing
a total of 18,860 new Imperials registered during calendar year 1969.

Bill
Vancouver, BC