rubber gaskets

I had no
> idea that vinegar would rejuvenate rubber parts as well;
> do you know off
> hand what rubber compound Chrysler made them from?
> Best Regards
> Arran Foster

My flitesweep handle gasket just came out of the vinegar
dip and it's almost as squishy as new. What does the heat
do for the process that I don't know about?

Using heat didn't occur to me and seems not to be needed
per my experience on the nickel and dime parts that I am
soaking...

No idea here about the rubber's chemical makeup.  List - ?

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious