Car Security For Imperials

Jim;
  One of the best theft deterrent devices that I can think of is an ignition kill switch that only you know the whereabouts of. It stands to reason that unless a car thief owns a tow truck it's kind of hard to steal a car if he can't start it and drive it off. While we're at it how about a shutoff valve for the fuel line like some power equipment has. You could always elaborate on either of these concepts, like making them electronically remote controlled but why, they're cheap and effective? Keep a big dog in the back seat and they won't even touch it.
  As for stealing older cars, like a 1961 Imperial, anything's possible but it isn't as likely. Most thieves want a quick buck and flogging off old car parts on E-bay isn't the way to do that. The further thing to consider is that the market in parts for old cars is somewhat limited which makes for a slow and limited profit compared to a modern car. If you doubt this then ask the question why the majority of auto wreckers only deal in parts for late model cars? I suppose that there may be a market in hot parts for late 60's/ early 70's muscle cars but, given the number of them still rotting in fields, even that must be limited.
  Ask anyone on this list how much their car stands out? I would bet that there isn't anyone, except maybe the 81' to '83 crowd, that doesn't have someone come over to visit or a least take notice of their car every time they back it down the driveway. Car thieves, like any other thieves, hate this. Better to rip off a Civic that no one will notice then an Imperial where dozens will stare while he sails it down the street.
 Another factor in play is ignorance, most of these clowns are dumb as dirt and wouldn't know an Imperial from a Rover let alone which parts are marketable, unless it has a modern stereo in it. True you might have some punk rip off a hood ornament or a hubcap as a souvenir to hang on the wall but not to fill their bank account. A good example of this theory in play is that someone B & E'd  a friends house some years ago: they took the T.V, the V.C.R, and a camera, all in all maybe $300 bucks worth of stuff at that time. Meanwhile he easily had $1000 dollars worth of old radios in the place and they didn't even knock the dust off of them.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
(If they want to steal it they will need a flatbed)
Needing A left side taillight bezel and other trim parts.