rejeuvneating rubber gaskets (and rusty small parts)

rejeuvneating rubber gaskets (and rusty small parts)

I found that baking soda (or powder.. can't remeber
which) also works for this... just not quite as well.

One thing which works for me sometimes with cleaning
up hard rubber and certain plastics is paint thinner.

Also- some record player parts stores carry chemicals
which restore rubber (as those sets use lots of rubber
parts). Once a time ago I had a bottle of spry stuf
from a record player supply store which worked wonders
in softening up hard rubber- also cleaned up the
outside of tires pretty well (as that tire cleaner
stuff doesn't always cut it).

Just a thought.