440 keeps running even after its turned off?

440 keeps running even after its turned off?

You may be right, it may be combiustion chamber deposits causing this.  One way
to get rid of these is drive the car hard.  Check your timing though (hope you
have a timing light).  If the car knocks when pushed, retard the timing a bit.
As the deposits burn off, you may be able to advance again.  Also, the deposits
may have been caused by rich mixture.  Is your carb properly tuned?
D^2