'67 vs. '68 grille

Cadillac did the same thing with the '66 vs. the '65 grille. They took $ out
of the design, basically by reducing the complexity, same as Imperial. They
did some other things to the exterior in the same fashion, like removing the
chrome strips that ran at the top of the front fenders. The '66s always
appeared, at least to me, that someone had forgotten to put the trim on! The
ridges in the sheet metal still remained to accept the chrome strip, which
was a nice accent (lipstick, as the designers like to say).

The painted surfaces were not Federally mandated. The big Federal mandate of
'68 was, however, the side running lights.

Currell