A/C vents on dash of 64's

With the A/C on, often the windshield fogs or "ices up" where the cold
air contacts the glass.  Yet, if I pull the vents to the upright
position, they won't stay.  Of course, I've only had the car 10 years. I
don't move too fast!!

Is there a practical as well as aesthetic solution to this?

Frank
'64 Crown Coupe