Imperials outside U.S. - why so popular elsewhere? UK answer

Imperials outside U.S. - why so popular elsewhere? UK answer

Dear Kenyon
I own a 63 convertible and have done for over 10 years I have just added a
66 coupe to the list, my friend Les and his wife Pat own a 63 4 door h/top
gas is £4.00 per gallon and the parts store is 6000 miles away but the
Imperials will outdrive most other big American cars of similar vintage I
very often go over 90 miles per hour in mine and bollocks to the speed limit
(70) I'm obviously NUTS .

PS I also took it (63) around Silverstone race track often sideways chasing
a 61 300 F coupe owned by Daimler Chrysler!!!!!!!!!!!