Overflow bottle removal

Well,

The other day I noticed a vibration/noise in the engine compartment.  I THINK
it is the vapor canister.  It's loose.  So, I start to remove the radiator
overflow bottle to get at it, and I'm happily turning the nut, and turning
the nut, and turning the nut - crap.  It's spinning around along with the
stud.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get at the stud without ruining the
overflow bottle?  I'm guessing that the stud was molded into the plastic and
I stripped it.

Dan Wing
Imp1983@xxxxxxx

83 Imp, beige,