Keeping pests away from interior.

I have sadly had a lot of experience with this problem, as my parts storage
is mostly in a barn which is far from rodent proof.   I have learned the
hard way that you must put your soft trim items in a very secure container -
I've used plastic garbage pails successfully, and I believe a metal trunk
would work if it is very tight fitting.  If you are not planning to remove
the covering from your seats, you'd best store the seats in your home, where
you can keep an eye on them and prevent rodents from getting at them.
Since you will likely need to replace the foam padding anyway, I suggest you
strip the seat covering off now, and store it securely in tight containers.
I have tried cats, De-Con, mothballs etc. all with poor results.   Mice can
get through a crack as small as 1/4 inch (I know this seems impossible, but
I've seen the evidence) and they love leather!  They also love wire
insulation, and any other plastic or soft trim.  They will also chew their
way through wooden boxes, and of course cardboard is no impediment at all.

The only other places of storage I can think of that would be safe from
rodents are:
1.The top of a tall, greased metal pole, with a metal ceiling suspended
about 10 feet above it,
2. Deep freeze chest or refrigerator with very tight gasketing (not
necessarily plugged in),
3. Bank vault, or
4. Mausoleum

Dick Benjamin