Fender Mounted Turn Signal

Hi All,

Please forgive my ignorance on how (my) Imperials are supposed to operate,
but I have a related question on the turn signals. My 68 turn signals will
flash for left or right ONLY if you hold pressure on the turn signal stalk.
It will NOT lock (click) into place and keep the signal on. I have only ever
driven one 68 Imperial (mine) so I'm not sure if this is correct or a
problem. I'm sure somebody with a 68 could easily answer this one for me.

Thanks All,

Paul A. Feeney
68 Crown Coupe
82 EFI (still not running, but manuals are here now)
Lake Elsinore, Ca.