Servo assembly

I believe it was Kenyon who suggested that as a temporary solution to my leaking servo I take the 2 water hoses coming from the motor and splice them together.Is the heater the only thing which will be affected and will it not harm anything?Sorry for my ignorance but I dont really understand how a servo works.
Tony-1972 Imperial LeBaron(Genie)
        1987 Chrysler LeBaron(not quite an Imperial)