Thanks Roger van Hoy!

Just wanted to thank you for your information on the door locks. I wasn't
saying that lubricating the drivers side caused the passenger side not to
work, but pointing out that neither side locks from the outside with the key,
therefore I am unable to lock one side at any given time. I don't think the
gas gauge and clock are related, since I noticed on my road trip yesterday,
that the clock was working, but the gas gauge was not. I think the gas gauge
wants to work, but is sometimes getting stuck in the middle, maybe
lubricating the gauge needle might help, if I could get to it. I usually use
the trip odometer every time I fill up with gas, so I know when it's getting
time to refuel. I always use white lithium as a lubricant on all major
pieces, but I used a spray super lubricant in the lock mechanism, and never
use WD40. I printed up your response, and will play with it on my next day
off.
Thanks again, Bill '59 Crown