Volvo OD on an Imp?

Volvos in the late 60's and 70's used an electric Laycock (spelling?) overdrive
(standard on P1800s and optional on others).  I have heard that Laycocks have
also been used on Jensen Interceptors, (383 or 440 w/ 727).  So, what you say
Carl may be right.  A few months back somebody sent a link of electric OD for
727's currently produced, which is probably based on the same design.  Check
the archieves.

4.10 is a bit too much by the way, even w/ an OD.  In order to get close to
stock Imperial gearing w/ OD, you have to use a 3.55 or 3.73.  This is still
sufficient to seriously boost low speed acceleration from the stock 2.94.
Also, you will have 6 gears rather than 3, so you can boost acceleration all
the way to 110-120 mph before you shift to OD.  Its an expensive conversion
though.  I think the gears alone cost about $2,000 or more.  However, it
replaces the 727 tailhousing, so there is no need to shorten the driveshaft.
The final Imperial product though should comfortably outrun the 97 Northstar
that somebody mentioned earlier at all speeds.
D^2